By William Logan,Máiréad Nic Craith,Ullrich Kockel
- Outlines the foremost topics of study, together with cultural maintenance, environmental security, global background and tourism, ethics, and human rights
- Accessibly prepared right into a great framework-setting essay through the editors through 3 sections on increasing, utilizing and abusing, and recasting heritage
- Provides a state-of-the-art consultant to rising tendencies within the box that's that's worldwide in scope, cross-cultural in concentration and important in approach
- Features contributions from a global array of students, together with a few with wide adventure in historical past perform via UNESCO global history Centre, ICOMOS, and nationwide history systems
Read or Download A Companion to Heritage Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Dieses Buch stellt mit Weltorganisationen ein begriffliches Konzept für internationale Organisationen vor und diskutiert dessen Mehrwert in theoretisch-konzeptioneller und empirischer Hinsicht. Im Vordergrund steht die Frage, was once das Konzept der Weltorganisation im Gegensatz zu etablierten Konzepten zu leisten vermag und wie sich damit ausgewählte internationale Organisationen analysieren lassen.
In 1898, the yr Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands used to be inaugurated, girls prepared an incredible public exhibition showcasing women’s contributions to Dutch society as staff in a strikingly wide array of professions. The nationwide Exhibition of Women’s hard work, held within the Hague, was once attended via greater than 90 thousand viewers.
The time period “el pueblo” is used all through Latin the United States, referring alternately to small cities, to neighborhood, or to “the humans” as a political entity. during this brilliant anthropological and ancient research of Mexico’s Yucatán peninsula, Paul okay. Eiss explores the a number of meanings of el pueblo and the ability of the concept that to unite the varied claims made in its identify.
"First released in 1989, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- Women East and West: Impressions of a Sex Expert
- Crafting 'The Indian': Knowledge, Desire, and Play in Indianist Reenactment
- The Anthropology of Latin America and the Caribbean
- Mortal Dilemmas: The Troubled Landscape of Death in America
- Governing the dead: Sovereignty and the politics of dead bodies (Human Remains and Violence MUP)
Extra info for A Companion to Heritage Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Heritage Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by William Logan,Máiréad Nic Craith,Ullrich Kockel