By Deborah Poole
- Contributors contain probably the most widespread figures in Latin American and Latin Americanist anthropology
- Offers formerly unpublished paintings from Latin the United States students that has been translated into English explicitly for this volume
- Includes overviews of nationwide anthropologies in Mexico, Cuba, Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, and Brazil, and is usually topically keen on new research
- Draws on unique ethnographic and archival research
- Highlights nationwide and nearby debates
- Provides a bright experience of ways anthropologists usually mix highbrow and political paintings to deal with the urgent social and cultural problems with Latin America
Read Online or Download A Companion to Latin American Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Dieses Buch stellt mit Weltorganisationen ein begriffliches Konzept für internationale Organisationen vor und diskutiert dessen Mehrwert in theoretisch-konzeptioneller und empirischer Hinsicht. Im Vordergrund steht die Frage, was once das Konzept der Weltorganisation im Gegensatz zu etablierten Konzepten zu leisten vermag und wie sich damit ausgewählte internationale Organisationen analysieren lassen.
In 1898, the 12 months Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands was once inaugurated, ladies geared up a massive public exhibition showcasing women’s contributions to Dutch society as employees in a strikingly vast array of professions. The nationwide Exhibition of Women’s exertions, held within the Hague, was once attended by means of greater than 90 thousand viewers.
The time period “el pueblo” is used all through Latin the USA, referring alternately to small cities, to group, or to “the humans” as a political entity. during this bright anthropological and ancient research of Mexico’s Yucatán peninsula, Paul okay. Eiss explores the a number of meanings of el pueblo and the facility of the idea that to unite the various claims made in its identify.
"First released in 1989, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
- A Philosopher with Nature (Routledge Revivals)
- The Hadza: Hunter-Gatherers of Tanzania (Origins of Human Behavior and Culture)
- Narrative and Genre (Routledge Studies in Memory and Narrative)
- Nunavut Generations: Change and Continuity in Canadian Inuit Communities
- Dice, Cards, Wheels: A Different History of French Culture (Critical Authors and Issues)
- Anthropologische Forschung (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Companion to Latin American Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Latin American Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Deborah Poole