By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up-to-date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 publication that keeps and expands at the original's targeted acoustical basics whereas including sensible formulation and simulation equipment.
Serving either as a textual content for college students in engineering departments and as a reference for working towards engineers, this ebook makes a speciality of electroacoustics, reading the habit of transducers via electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit thought, it starts off through guiding readers throughout the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and normal terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature functions (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, resembling classrooms, places of work, auditoriums, and dwelling rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given during the textual content to make the cloth simply appropriate to functional layout. it's a worthy source for experimenters, acoustical experts, and to people who count on being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 ebook Acoustics
- Provides designated acoustic basics, permitting higher knowing of complicated layout parameters, size tools, and data
- Extensive appendices hide frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Best acoustics & sound books
Additive and multiplicative noise within the details sign can considerably restrict the potential for advanced sign processing structures, in particular while these structures use signs with complicated part constitution. over the past few years this challenge has been the point of interest of a lot study, and its answer may lead to profound advancements in purposes of complicated signs and coherent sign processing.
Eargle's Microphone booklet is the single consultant you'll ever want for the most recent in microphone expertise, software and strategy. This new version positive aspects extra on microphone arrays and instant microphones, new fabric on electronic types; the newest advancements in encompass; elevated recommendation on studio arrange, recording and mic choice.
Stereo is all over. the entire tradition and of song and sound turned equipped round the precept of stereophony throughout the 20th century. yet not anything approximately this-not the discovery or reputation or ubiquity of stereo-was inevitable. Nor did the classy conventions, technological items, and listening practices required to make experience of stereo emerge totally shaped, all of a sudden.
Waves in Layered Media specializes in the speculation of the propagation of elastic and electromagnetic waves in layered media. This booklet offers a whole document of Soviet researches on wave propagation via layered media. equipped into six chapters, this ebook starts off with an outline of the speculation of wave mirrored image from layers and interfaces.
- Acoustics and the Performance of Music: Manual for Acousticians, Audio Engineers, Musicians, Architects and Musical Instrument Makers (Modern Acoustics and Signal Processing)
- Digital Signal Processing in Power Electronics Control Circuits (Power Systems)
- The Recording Engineer's Handbook 4th Edition
- Membrane Technologies and Applications
- Physical Acoustics: Principles and Methods
Extra info for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow